First Aura 2.0 Stable Project Releases!
Exciting news! After a little over a year in the making, the Aura web and CLI project packages saw their first stable 2.0 releases this weekend. This is a major milestone for Aura, as it means not just the core libraries but also the frameworks built from them are now complete.
Because Aura takes a “libraries first, framework second” approach, the project packages had to wait for the following 2.0 stable releases of these core libraries yesterday:
- Aura.Di (a dependency injection container)
- Aura.Web (web request/response objects, and a response sender)
Once those were stable, it was not much trouble to promote the various kernels and project skeletons to stable as well:
- Aura.Project_Kernel (the kernel files for every Aura project type)
- Aura.Cli_Kernel (the kernel files for CLI projects)
- Aura.Web_Kernel (the kernel files for web projects)
- Aura.Cli_Project (a skeleton CLI project)
- Aura.Web_Project (a skeleton web project)
- Aura.Framework_Project (a skeleton cli+web project)
(Unlike Aura library packages, which have no dependencies because they are completely decoupled from each other, the
*_Projectpackages do have dependencies, as they are compositions of library and other packages.)
Read more on the Aura blog, including other library releases: First 2.0 Stable Project Releases!.